Most of us know we need to spend less and save more. Financial security is essential to our wellbeing, yet it can be difficult to know how to achieve it. How much is enough? What will I need in 30 years’ time? When should I start saving for a pension? As a financial coach, I can help with the following areas:
BUDGETING, MONEY MANAGEMENT & DEBT
- Taking control of your spending
- Creating and managing a budget
- Increasing income and saving money
STRATEGY AND GUIDANCE
- Identifying and prioritising your goals
- Checking your overall financial health
- Exploring different ways to build savings, investments, or pensions
- Contemplating a major life change, e.g. redundancy, retirement, becoming self-employed, buying a house, moving in with a partner
EMOTIONS AND BEHAVIOURS
- Understanding your relationship with money
- Addressing unwanted money habits or behaviours
- Realising your financial values
- Resolving financial issues with your partner
- Recognising barriers to financial success
I’m also a qualified life coach, so am able to address issues beyond money. Please get in touch to find out whether I can help you. If your issue is beyond my scope, I can usually refer you to a relevant professional.
How it works
First, I ask you to complete a short enquiry form to help me understand your needs. You’ll automatically get a link to book a free 30-minute phone chat. During this initial conversation, I can find out more about you, and you get the opportunity to ask any questions about financial coaching. If you want to go ahead, I’ll send you the link to my calendar so you can book your first session.
It’s easier if the first session takes place at my office in central Brighton, although we can also use Skype or Zoom.
Ahead of our meeting, I’ll send you some questionnaires and worksheets for you to complete in advance. This information allows me to plan our session and identify suitable resources. Every meeting is completely tailored to you.
During the first session, we usually:
- Discuss your current situation
- Examine your relationship with money
- Explore your goals
- Review the information you’ve supplied in advance
- Investigate some options
- Develop an action plan
One session might be enough to get you started, or maybe you’ll want a series of monthly sessions to monitor your progress. It’s entirely up to you – there’s no financial commitment or pressure.
At the end of the first session, we’ll summarise the action points and agree on the next steps. If you’re returning for further sessions, there might be some tasks to complete, such as gathering financial information. I’ll email you with a summary and any further resources I think you might need.
1 hour (individuals) – £90
1 hour (couples) – £120
2 hours (individuals) – £180
2 hours (couples) – £240